Residuals provides a really high value

“Experimental Study of Airflow Through a Subsonic Wind Tunnel Grid at 7 m/s Inlet Velocity”

This study aims to investigate the behavior of airflow as it passes through a grid in a subsonic wind tunnel with an inlet velocity of 7 m/s. Using both experimental measurements and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations, the research will focus on analyzing pressure losses, flow distribution, and turbulence characteristics caused by the grille . The goal is to understand the influence of the grille geometry on airflow performance in controlled subsonic conditions, providing insights into optimizing grid designs for aerodynamic applications.

The problem is that i over refined the grid and the residuals for domain and outlet dont stabilized, apart from that, the values of the residuals for pressure and some more are pretty high

Hi @echaparro_guer, thanks for posting on the forum and welcome to the SimScale Community :handshake:

The divergence of a simulation might have many causes. To pinpoint exactly where they may lie, could you share your project’s URL here?

I think these resources might also be really useful:

Best,
Igor

Hi, I can’t share the URL here as I am using an academic account, but I have sent it to you privately. Let me know if you’re able to access the project!

@echaparro_guer , better share here the pictures.

I am not completely sure about what is your flow problem: Are you modeling the effect of a “physical grid”, like those made out of honeycomb, used to make the flow laminar, in the inlet of a wind tunnel?)?

Also, what do you mean with residuals not stabilizing? do they converge to a point? do they diverge? send a picture

What are the pressure residual values, why do you think they are high? add a picture as well.

Regards,

Jairo

1 Like