Problem with boundary conditions

From CFturbo programm
I have to force mesh extension to import it into simscale. That is I have a rotating area inside but outside I have a fixed wall. But with the extension of my grid, it automatically passes it as rotaning zone and I want it to be stable

From CFturbo programm
I have to force mesh extension to import it into simscale. That is I have a rotating area inside but outside I have a fixed wall. But with the extension of my grid, it automatically passes it as rotaning zone and I want it to be stable

I need some help. Do you know anyone who has done imports from the CFturbo program to Simscale so I can work around this issue?

The issue is in the switch where in the solution if you see the wall rotates while I want it to be stable.

Hi @vtsich, thanks for posting on the forum,

As I see it, your rotating zone was defined as a rotating wall, which is not suitable for these kinds of simulations.

Since you’re running into some issues with the CFTurbo plugin, I’d advise you to use it only to generate your CAD model and try to manually setup your pump simulation with the workflow provided in this tutorial:

Best,
Igor

One minute.
I might need you again

Unfortunately this tutorial isn’t help me. It is very different problem.

If I set the inner wall to no slip wall and the outer one to rotating zone because I can’t change it will it show an error?

The rotating zone will be applied to a volume, so you shouldn’t be able to apply it to a single wall. Make sure to know the difference between rotating walls/zones by checking out this resource:

Let me see it in a minute. I will send you again

I’ll send you something in your private message because for some reason I can’t here

@vtsich when posting at the forum, try writing one longer message rather than many short ones, I guess this might be the reason :thinking:

Try this out and keep us posted!

Although the velocities don’t change that much compared to above where I have fixed walls.

Internally, when I select static walls, it shows internally that I have a static wall

Can I correct the rotating zone in the edit mode cad?

Hi @vtsich,

I now follow what you mean, thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

To prevent the walls which interfere with the rotating zone from rotating in the Subsonic solver, you’d just need to set them as no-slip walls. If you were to use the Incompressible solver, however, you’d need to set them as rotating walls with a rotational velocity of 0 (as it’s done in this tutorial).

Tell me if that helps.

Best,
Igor

I sent the message