Multiple mesh thickness in one project

Hello every one. I’m trying to adjust multiple mesh thickness in the project i attach. Can anyone help me out? I also attach a photo of the desired mesh configuration

Thank you in advance

Hi kmakridis & welcome to Simscale,
I see you have used Hex dominate meshing, which I’ve found a little hard to use at times as I am very new to Simscale, for me I use the standard mesh for my CFD flows and have had very good results for external flows, but the project seems to be internal flows and again the Standard mesh works very well and it is very easy to use and gives very good results.

Regardless of which mesh type, I see the use of inflation layers to create the mesh. Typically, meshes are generated sometimes for refinement of regions firstly by creating geometric primitives, like a box, sphere or cylinder & surfaces of interest are applied when boundary layer issues are of concern with inflation layers being manually or automatically applied. But with walls, settings of boundary conditions of Slip or Non-slip and and then box refinements to get the grid you want can be done.

But an easier way to start, I’d suggest is to follow one of the Simscale pipe flow tutorials Whilst this one deals with the standard mesh it should provide a very good cfd result. Fluid Flow Through Non-Return Valve | Tutorial | SimScale

If you do wish to apply the meshes you have suggested in terms of increasing refinement, then adopt box primitives.

In terms of meshing here are some references…

I’d suggest looking at a few Simscale tutorials to get a bit of an understanding on how to create the primitives and grid size, but to help …I’ve created some steps that you can follow to allow you to create your first box primitive & cell refinement, but as you become more familiar, create your geometric primitives, then go and setup the Region refinements associated with the primitives, or do the reverse.

Can I suggest if you have more questions provide a bit of a simple general overview of your project and the specific issues you are having and like you have done provide the link which has been very helpful.

Wishing you all the best.
Chuck Mulder.

Hello ChuckMulder and thanks for the quick response! Your guide was really helpful, I’ve just applied the regions and the cartesian boxes and i’m waiting for the results. I’ve studied the solutions fields of the previous run and they are pretty good but i want to follow the instructions of my teacher because it’s a part of an exercise on Hydrodynamics course of my university. He told us to follow the guidelines in order to create the mesh (attached photo on first post). Thanks once again for the quick and helpful response!

1 Like

No worries, sounds like your on your way…hydrodynamics… :slight_smile:
Well all the best and thank you very much for your kind response.