How to Obtain More Advance CFD Results

I am wondering how I can obtain more specific results from the CFD at specific cut planes through out the model. Lets use the SimScale centrifugal pump tutorial project for example. I wanted to obtain the following values of the fluid:

Mass flow
Temperature
Density
Static pressure
Total Pressure
Axial Velocity
Radial velocity

I want to obtain these values at the:

pump inlet
the impeller inlet (if i position a cut plane just before the impeller blades, is that possible?)
the impeller exit
the pump exit

I see SimScale offers pressure and velocity export to csv. I am wondering if I can get these other values some how, and export that to csv or just manually get them to copy to a program of my choice.

Here are some cuts of where the above locations would lie in this case:

Hey jshakar ,

It is possible to calculate values at cutting planes and faces. With the ‘Statistics’ feature available in SimScale, you could also calculate min, max, and average values (of the selected parameter) at the plane or face along with the area, flow rates, etc. as follows:

I am aware of this feature. I take it that is the only feature in SimScale for getting results? It isn’t quite robust enough for what I am wanting to do and offers a limited selection of parameters so I was wondering if there was anything else.

You could also export the results from SimScale and use third party software for post processing like ParaView. Here is how you can do it:

Best,
Satvik

2 Likes

Sweet. Just want I was looking for. Thank you!