Error Generating Mesh (CFD simulation)

Hello! I am working on a CFD simulation with relatively simple geometry. Boundary conditions include a fan and a pressure inlet. However, when I try to build a standard mesh (with 2.5 fineness) it is unsuccessful, and I receive the following error after about 20 minutes:

“The machine ran out of memory. Please choose a larger machine by increasing the number of computing cores or reduce the domain size and/or the fineness of your mesh. Learn more.”

error_message

I also tried building the mesh using the hex-dominant algorithm which also did not work. Any help would be much appreciated. I have provided a link to the project below. Thank you in advance!

When looking at the CAD model, there are a series of very thin faces (red highlights below) - are those supposed to be there?

If feels like you might have some small gaps originating from these thin faces as well, but I didn’t have a closer look at the CAD in a CAD tool.

Suggestion: inspect the CAD model for small faces & gaps and try to resolve them.

Cheers

Hi @RicardoParis - I appreciate your response!

Those faces are supposed to be there. Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll check to see if there are any small gaps originating from the faces in the CAD model.

That was the issue! I found a small gap between the box and cylinder. Thanks for your help.