Advanced Fluid Propulsion and Propeller Design Model

Hello, I am new here and have no idea about CAD or similar graphics software, but I have an idea for a revolutionary propeller design and I would have thought using CAD in the first instance might be the best way to progress with my project?

Attempting to build a model comes later, once the fluid flow projections, which may affect design are all worked out, so we know what we are building! The concept is simple, but actually putting it together is the hardest part! Where to begin!

If there are any experts out there who would like to join forces with me to bring this together, then why not contact me here? I hope this will end up with large scale manufacturing potential once the concept I have can be proven to be more efficient than is currently available!

My concept has potential applications in all kinds of fluid pumping systems and also in the marine industry for boats and ships of any size!

Lastly, I also would have thought a 3D print of the eventual design would be an early beneficial step to at least prove the concept, before progressing to manufacture in various materials, especially stainless steel!

Hi @James007 thanks for posting on the forum!

I’m sure the SimScale Community will be very interested in hearing your ideas and sharing feedback on them.

I’m not personally familiar with fan design, but I know there are many specific tools made for that purpose alone, in which you won’t have to be a master CAD modeller to use :slight_smile:

One such tools is CFTurbo, but there surely are many others as well. Here you can also find a webinar on this topic!

Best,
Igor

1 Like

Hello Igor, thank you for your reply! I will search out CFTurbo!

I have just heard news from my 17 year old son who wants to apply to one specific University to immerse himself in everything about computing, so I have set him out a task of investigating CAD and Fluid Dynamics and programmed models to assist design!

This is in the very early stages for me and my mind is working overtime to get everything done that is required!

I am currently looking at Patents to see if there is anything similar to my idea currently patented? So far, I have not found anything!

James

1 Like